Overview of Buddhist Circuit Tour
Buddhist Circuit Tour is a popular tour itinerary that takes you to some of Nepal’s most important Buddhist sites. You can visit many temples and monasteries during the tour, including Soyambhunath, Boudhanath, Namo Buddha, and Pharping.
Itinerary of Buddhist Circuit Tour
Our representative will greet you at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and accompany you to the hotel. Overnight at 3-star category hotel. You can take a rest in the hotel or you can visit Ason, one of the oldest cities of Nepal, which is just 30 minutes walk from your residence.
We allocate this day for visiting sacred Buddhist places on Kathmandu valley.
Swayambhunath, also known as monkey temple, is located on a small hill with lots of other small stupas. From the top, we can see a mesmerizing view of Kathmandu valley.
Boudhanath Stupa is one of the biggest stupas in Asia.
Patan Durbar Square is one of the oldest Buddhist city in the world. Patan Durbar Square is listed in World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.
Namo Buddha is one of the three main stupas in Kathmandu Valley. You can enjoy the calm environment and also perform meditation or yoga if you wish. After Namo Buddha, we will travel to Dhulikhel and the final destination of our day is Nagarkot. We will end the day with sunset views of the mountains.
On this day, we explore the caves in the Pharping area in which Guru Rinpoche meditated and got enlightened. In the afternoon, we will hike around Pharping village, beautiful Newari village. Then we will trace back our route to Hotels in Thamel.
We travel towards Lumbini, birthplace during this day. We can take a flight to Bhairahawa and get to hotels in Lumbini or enjoy the scenic ride along the path to Tilaurakot.
Explore the various monasteries and stupas around the place.
Traceback our route to Kathmandu and options available to us are either by plane or by bus. You can save a lot of time with a flight and visit local places of Kathmandu and perform last-minute shopping. If you choose the bus service, we will visit Bandipur, one of the beautiful places in Nepal.
We can do last minute shopping in the evening in this case. You will have farewell dinner with the team on this day.
Our representative will drop you at the airport where you will catch your flight to your home.
- 3-star category hotel for accommodation
- Private vehicle during the tour (fuels and driver charge included)
- An English Speaking Guide
- Entry Fees in the monuments during the tour
- Fight Fare
- Lunch and Dinner during the tour
- Tipping for Guide and Driver
- Anything not mentioned in the Included list
Essential Information - Buddhist Circuit Tour
Soyambhunath and Boudhanath are two of Nepal’s most important Buddhist sites known for their beautiful architecture and holy atmosphere. Soyambhunath, also known as the “Monkey Temple,” is an ancient Buddhist temple complex on a hill in the western part of Kathmandu. Boudhanath is a Buddhist stupa in the eastern part of Kathmandu and one of Nepal’s largest stupas.
Namo Buddha is a sacred Buddhist site in the Kavrepalanchok District of Nepal. It is believed to be where Lord Buddha, in a previous life, gave his life to a malnourished tiger and her cubs. The site is considered an essential place of pilgrimage for Buddhists and is known for its beautiful setting and peaceful atmosphere.
Asura Cave and Pharping are other critical Buddhist sites in the Kathmandu Valley. Asura Cave is an ancient cave where the Buddhist sages, Milarepa and Marpa, meditated and is considered an essential place of pilgrimage. Pharping is a small town in the valley and is home to several Buddhist temples and monasteries.
Besides visiting these sites, the Buddhist Circuit Tour may also include visits to Tilaurakot and Lumbini, the birthplace of the Buddha.
Tilaurakot is an ancient palace complex in the Kapilvastu District of Nepal and is believed to be the site of the Buddha’s childhood palace. Lumbini is a World Heritage site in the Rupandehi District of Nepal and is considered the birthplace of the Buddha.
Overall, the Buddhist Circuit Tour is a great way to learn about the culture and history of Buddhism in Nepal and to explore the beauty and significance of these iconic landmarks and cultural attractions.
Buddhist Circuit Tour Highlights
- Soyambhunath: Also known as the “Monkey Temple,” this ancient stupa is one of Nepal’s most iconic and holiest Buddhist sites. It is on a hill overlooking Kathmandu and offers breathtaking city views.
- Boudhanath: Another important stupa in Kathmandu, Boudhanath is known for its distinctive architecture and is a major centre of Tibetan Buddhism in Nepal.
- Namobuddha: Namobuddha Monastery is a Tibetan Buddhist monastery in the Karma Kagyu tradition in the beautiful Himalayan mountain range. It offers panoramic views of the surrounding peaks and is a peaceful place for spiritual contemplation.
- Patan: The ancient city of Patan, known as Lalitpur, is home to many Buddhist temples and monasteries. It is known for its beautiful architecture and rich cultural heritage.
- Pharping and Lumbini: These two sites are located outside Kathmandu and are both essential places in the life of the Buddha. Pharping is where the Padmasambhava is said to have attained enlightenment, while Lumbini is where Shakya Muni Buddha was born. Both sites are home to many temples and monasteries and are important pilgrimage sites for Buddhists, and you will visit them during the Buddhist circuit tour.
Reviews on Buddhist Circuit Tour
Be first to post a review in this trip.