Overview of Tamang Heritage Trekking
Tamang Heritage Trek is a popular trekking route in the Langtang region of Nepal, located north of Kathmandu. The trek takes you through the beautiful Langtang Valley, surrounded by snow-capped peaks and lush forests, and offers stunning views of the Himalayas. The tour also provides an opportunity to experience the unique culture and traditions of the Tamang people, who follow a mix of Buddhism and Hinduism and have their own set of customs and traditions.
Itinerary of Tamang Heritage Trekking
After 7 hours scenic drive we will reach Syabrubesi from Kathmandu. We drive north-west out of the Kathmandu Valley, with following the Trisuli River crossing beautiful Tamang villages of Betrawati and Dhunche. At Dhunche we sight the first view of Langtang Himal.
After breakfast, we will start our walking from Syabrubesi to Gatlang. It will take 5 hours to reach gatlang. After, ascent to Goljang village we are able to see the magnificent views of Ganesh Himal and Gosaikunda ranges. After having lunch at Goljang, we will head towards Gatlang a beautiful small village on the hillside with traditional stone houses. Enjoy the local hospitality and stay overnight at Gatlang.
Today might be our longest walking day of our trip because we need to walk for about 6-7 hour. We first descend to Thangbauchet the Chilme Hydropower&rsquos Dam place. Then our trail ascents up and takes us to Tatopani the Natural Hot Spring place where we can take bath. The Literal meaning of Tato pani Hot Water. Stay overnight at Tatopani.
Day to trek a beautiful Tibetan influenced Tamang settlement-Thuman. To reach Thuman we will cross Brimdang and Nagthali. On the way to Thuman we can enjoy the picturesque views of Langtang, Sanjen, Kerung and Ganesh Himal ranges. After reaching we can explore around Thuman village and observe their typical Tamang traditions and cultures. Overnight.
Leave Thuman and head towards Briddim. Briddim is a Tibetan Buddhist village situated on the lap of Langtang Himal. Dukchu Gompa Monastery and houses made of stone are the things to see in beautiful Briddim Village. Stay overnight at Briddim.
From Briddim today we trek downhill to Syabrubesi through lush vegetation and green forest. Overnight at Syabrubesi.
A final day of Tamang Heritage trek, after breakfast we drive back to Kathmandu from Syabrubesi. Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, we will transfer you to your hotel. In leisure time you can do last minute shopping in Thamel or can explore any sights that you missed the first day. The evening will be for a farewell dinner.
- All accommodations on a sharing basis
- Transportation in a comfortable vehicle
- English-speaking trained and experienced guide
- Potter service charges during the trek
- All fees for sightseeing, including entry fees for visiting temple(s), monument(s), trekking and national parks
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All necessary paperwork(s) and permit(s)
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Nepal Visa Fees
- Any insurance
- Any kind of personal expenses which are not mentioned by the company
- Tipping to Guide and Porter
Essential Information - Tamang Heritage Trekking
The trek usually begins in Syabrubesi, which can be reached by bus from Kathmandu. From there, you will follow the Langtang Khola River, passing through small villages and forests of pine and rhododendrons. As you gain altitude, you will pass through alpine meadows and eventually reach the Langtang Lirung Glacier. You will visit several Buddhist monasteries and temples, including the Langtang Lhakhang Monastery and the Chorten Monastery.
The best months to do the Tamang Heritage Trek are from September to November and from March to May when the weather is clear and dry. The trek can be done in about a week, depending on your pace and the number of available days.
The Tamang Heritage Trek offers unique trekking and the rich culture and traditions of the Tamang people. It is a challenging trek that requires a good level of physical fitness, but the rewards of the stunning mountain scenery and the cultural insights are worthwhile.
Highlights of the Tamang Heritage Trekking
- A popular trek in the Langtang region of Nepal, north of Kathmandu
- Surrounded by beautiful Langtang Valley, snow-capped peaks, and lush forests with stunning views of the Himalayas
- A unique opportunity to experience the culture and traditions of the Tamang people, following a mix of Buddhism and Hinduism
- It begins in the town of Syabrubesi, reachable by bus from Kathmandu.
- Follows the Langtang Khola River, passing through small villages, forests of pine and rhododendron, alpine meadows and the Langtang Lirung Glacier
- It features visits to Buddhist monasteries and temples such as the Langtang Lhakhang and the Chorten Monastery.
- The best months to trek are from September to November and from March to May for clear and dry weather.
- It offers a unique trekking and cultural experience, requiring good physical fitness but rewarding with stunning mountain scenery and cultural insights.
Reviews on Tamang Heritage Trekking
Be first to post a review in this trip.