Overview of Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour
Experience a spiritual and cultural odyssey with our Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour, which takes you to the heart of Tibet’s mystic beauty. Starting in the historic city of Lhasa, you’ll be captivated by the Potala Palace’s grandeur and the Jokhang Temple’s serenity, immersing yourself in the vibrant local life along Barkhor Street. Your adventure continues with the unique Ali flight, offering a gateway to the remote wonders of West Tibet.
Experience the divine tranquillity of Manasarovar Lake and engage in spiritual rituals that resonate with centuries of tradition. Stay at the Tsu Gompa Monastery, where you can partake in monastic practices and enjoy simple yet profound accommodations. The tour culminates with the challenging yet rewarding Kailash Parikrama, a spiritual circuit that offers breathtaking views and a transformative experience. Join our Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour for an unforgettable journey through the sacred landscapes of Tibet, where every step is a step into a world of awe-inspiring beauty and deep spiritual significance.
The Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour takes you on a spiritual sojourn, showcasing the Himalayas’ mystic beauty and Tibet’s rich cultural tapestry. This journey promises an adventure that elevates both your mind and spirit.
Itinerary of Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour
Upon arrival, our representative will meet you at the airport and escort you to the hotel. In the evening, you will participate in the Pashupatinath Aarati, a significant Hindu ritual.
The morning starts with a Pashupatinath Darshan and Puja, followed by Hawan and Rudraabhishek conducted by a Brahman. After visiting the Jal Narayan temple, you will return to the hotel. The rest of the day is free for packing and program briefing.
In the afternoon, you will be transferred to the Kathmandu airport to catch your flight to Lhasa. This flight offers spectacular views of the world’s highest peak, Mount Everest, and other majestic Himalayan ranges. Once you arrive at Gonggar airport in Tibet, a bus or Jeep will take you to your hotel in Lhasa city for acclimatization.
A full day of sightseeing awaits you, including visits to the iconic POTALA PALACE, NORBULINKA, and THE JOKHANG. You can also explore the surrounding BAKHOR market.
In the morning, you will fly to Ali. This 2-hour flight will be followed by a drive to Mansarovar Lake. You will stay overnight in a guest house.
You will spend the full day at Mansarovar Lake, participating in a Parikrama, Puja, and Hawan. You can also explore the surrounding area and indulge in religious activities at the lake.
After breakfast, you will drive to Yamadwar via Darchen city and begin the first day of Kailash Parikrama. This will involve a 5-hour walk to Deraphuk Monastery, where you will spend the night in a Mud house.
The second day of Kailash Parikrama is a challenging day involving high altitude passing. You will cross Dolma-La pass and walk to Zutulpuk Monastery.
The final day of Kailash Kora includes a short walk to Changdo, followed by a return to Darchen. From there, you will drive back to Ali to rest and prepare for the next day’s flight.
In the morning, you will fly back to Lhasa city. The afternoon can be spent exploring Lhasa city. You will spend the night in a hotel.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Lhasa Airport for your flight back to Kathmandu. In the evening, you will participate in the farewell dinner. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
You have a free morning to explore Kathmandu on your own. After that, you will be transferred to the airport for your onward journey.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off service within Kathmandu, ensuring a smooth transition to and from your designated accommodation.
- Premium accommodation, ranging from hotels to guest houses, based on your selected plan. These accommodations come with a full-board meal plan catering exclusively to vegetarian preferences.
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu, inclusive of a spiritually enriching visit to Pashupatinath with a unique opportunity to participate in Puja ceremonies.
- Seamless handling of travel logistics in Tibet, including procuring the necessary travel permits and visa requirements.
- Access to all monasteries and the sacred Kailash site, facilitated by an English-speaking Tibetan guide specifically for the Kailash Yatra.
- A bilingual guide proficient in English and Hindi from Nepal to accompany you throughout the tour, enhancing your understanding and appreciation of the diverse cultures and traditions.
- Provision of mineral water during the tour to keep you hydrated at all times.
- For your safety and well-being, we provide life-saving portable oxygen equipment complete with a regulator mask. We also carry out daily health checks, including pulse rate monitoring, and maintain a medical first aid kit for any emergencies.
- To ensure your comfort during the tour, we provide warm winter jackets, Yatra bags, Parikrama sticks, hats, and bags. Note that jackets and sticks are loanable items, expected to be returned at the end of the tour.
- Air travel arrangements from Kathmandu to Lhasa and Ali and return to Kathmandu are facilitated via China Airlines, ensuring a hassle-free flight experience.
- Any personal expenses incurred during your travel in Nepal and Tibet are not covered.
- Personal travel insurance and any associated rescue evacuation costs that might arise during the tour are not included.
- Expenses of a personal nature, such as souvenirs, gifts, or additional local experiences, are not catered for in our package.
- Any costs related to bar bills and beverages are not included in the tour package.
- Gratuities for staff and guides, while appreciated, are not covered.
- Charges for photography and videography are not included in our tour package.
- Any additional costs that might arise due to unforeseen natural events are not covered in our tour package.
- Extra personal porter services, horse or yak riding, and horseman services during the Parikrama are not included.
- The cost for Nepal visas and re-entry visas is not covered (30 US$ for 15 days and 50 US$ for 30 days visa for international guests).
- International flights, phone call charges, and laundry services are not included in the package.
- Personal clothes and equipment necessary for the trekking tour are not provided and should be brought by the participant.
Essential Information - Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour
Highlights of Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour
- Historic Start in Lhasa: Begin your Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour in the historic city of Lhasa, the heart of Tibet. Marvel at the grandeur of the Potala Palace and the tranquil Jokhang Temple, rich in history and spiritual significance, and absorb the vibrant local life along Barkhor Street.
- Unique Ali Flight Experience: Embark on the Ali flight, your gateway to West Tibet. This flight, essential for accessing remote Tibetan areas, adds an air of anticipation to your journey, providing a unique perspective on the region’s rugged landscapes.
- Spiritual Puja at Manasarovar Lake: Experience the divine beauty of Manasarovar Lake. Participate in a spiritual puja, a ritual that connects you with the sacred essence of this holy site amidst breathtaking Himalayan scenery.
- Night Stay at Tsu Gompa Monastery: Immerse yourself in monastic life with a night stay at Tsu Gompa, facing Manasarovar Lake. Participate in a hawan and enjoy the simplicity of mud house accommodation, a highlight of the Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour.
- Kailash Parikrama and Kora Yatra: Embark on the spiritual Kailash Parikrama or Kora Yatra, a pilgrimage circuit offering close views of Kailash’s north face. This part of the tour is a profound spiritual experience for many travellers.
- Crossing the Dolma-La Pass: Conquer the Dolma-La Pass, the high point of the journey at 5630 meters. This challenging ascent rewards you with panoramic landscapes, a memorable aspect of the Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour.
- Reflective Conclusion at Zutulpuk Monastery: End your journey at the ancient Zutulpuk Monastery, set amidst stunning mountainous landscapes. This final stop allows you to reflect on your spiritual and physical journey.
Start Your Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour in Lhasa
Your journey begins in the historic city of Lhasa, the heart of Tibet. Here, you’ll witness the grandeur of the Potala Palace, the winter residence of the Dalai Lama, and soak in the tranquil atmosphere of the Jokhang Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Stroll down Barkhor Street, absorbing the vibrant local life and culture.
Board the Ali Flight: Your Gateway to West Tibet
The next leg of your journey is the Ali flight, a unique experience. Initially built for the Chinese military, the airport now services the public, providing a crucial link to West Tibet. While the flights are subject to weather conditions, this only adds to the anticipation of your adventure.
The Majestic Manasarovar Lake and the Spiritual Puja
Upon landing in Ali, prepare for an exhilarating drive to Manasarovar Lake. This divine body of water is the destination for your spiritual puja, where you’ll perform ritual karma amidst breathtaking Himalayan scenery. Despite bathing restrictions imposed in 2017, the sacred essence of Manasarovar remains, as you can take water out for a holy bath Shann.
Tsu Gompa Monastery: Night Stay at the Foot of the Holy Lake
Your night stay will be in Tsu Gompa, a charming monastery facing Manasarovar Lake. Here, you get to participate in a spiritual hawan and experience the monastic way of life in a simple mud house accommodation, one of the best parts of the Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour.
The Pilgrimage Circuit: Kailash Parikrama and Kora Yatra during Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour
Your journey continues with a drive to Yamadwar, where you’ll start the holiest part of your trip, the Kailash Parikrama. This spiritual walk, also known as the Kora Yatra, offers a close view of the north face of Kailash, or Atmalingam.
Cross the Dolma-La Pass: The High Point of the Journey
Crossing the Dolma-La pass is perhaps the most challenging part of the tour, but the panoramic landscape at 5630 meters altitude is a reward like no other during Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour.
Conclude Your Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour at Zutulpuk Monastery
Your journey concludes at the ancient Zutulpuk Monastery, nestled amidst stunning mountainous landscapes. Here, you can reflect on your journey and prepare for your departure. The Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour is more than an adventure; it’s a spiritual awakening. It offers a rare glimpse into the Himalayas’ mystic beauty and spiritual essence, making it an unforgettable experience for any traveller.
Reviews on Lhasa Ali Kailash Tour
Be first to post a review in this trip.