Overview of Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
The Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is an unforgettable adventure that takes you to the remote Manaslu region and the lesser-known Tsum Valley in Nepal. This challenging yet rewarding journey offers incredible mountain vistas, rich cultural experiences, and the opportunity to explore the stunning Tsum Valley.
Beginning in Arughat, a short drive from Kathmandu, the trek leads you through picturesque villages, high passes, and rugged terrain as you journey into the Tsum Valley. Immerse yourself in the traditional Tibetan culture, interact with locals, and visit ancient monasteries and temples in the village of Tsum. As you progress through the trek, Marvel at the captivating mountain panoramas of the Manaslu and Annapurna ranges.
Itinerary of Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
Today, early in the morning we get ready to take a scenic drive to Soti Khola. Enjoy the countryside views and the long-range Himalayas along the way. We cross the Trisuli River and drive north to Dhading Besi, Golabhanjyan, and Salyantaar. Spectacular views of Ganesh Himal, and Manaslu and other villages in the hilly terrace. Aarught Bazar is a major town of Northern Gorkha. Overnight at Teahouse.
After breakfast, we tight up our shoes to Liding (860 m) from Arughat. The journey Arughat leads through the bank of Budhi Gandaki river. On the way, we will get the chance to explore the beautiful traditional village, diverse landscape and dense mixed forest of Pine, Sal, and oak during this day trek. Overnight at Teahouse.
The greenery meadows, cascading waterfalls, natural hot spring, astounding forest are the highlights of this day trip. The trail to Jagat (1410 m) will take about six-seven hours gentle walking from Liding (860). Overnight at Teahouse.
Lokpa (2040 m) is our today’s destination from Jagat(1410 m). The journey will take around seven hours gentle walk to reach Lokpa. We will be reaching a beautiful village of Gurung inhabitant before we reach Philim crossing the suspension bridge over Budhi Gandaki River. We will climb up to Lokpa at 2240 meters which lie under Tsum valley. Overnight stay at Teahouse.
Chumling (2363m) from Lokpa (2040m) is our today’s destination. After breakfast, we will tight up our shoe for six hours strive walking to chumling (2363 M). Overnight at Teahouse.
Today is our another strive walking day. We walk for about six our, ascending uphill before reaching Chhekamparo. Chhekamparo word is derived from two words Chhokang and Paro, these are two unique settlement of local people. The breathtaking view of Ganesh Himal ranges makes this day trip wonderful. Overnight at Teahouse.
Trek to the Nile (3365m) from Chhekampar (3010m) is our today`s itinerary. The journey to the Nile leads through bank of Shiar river and Pine forest. We need to walk for about five to six hours to reach Nile (3365 M) for overnight. Overnight at Teahouse.
Today is our next strive walking day from Nile (3365m) to Mu Gompa (3700m) will take 3- 4 hours gentle walk. Explore the incredible Buddhist monasteries Mu Gompa in the Tsum Valley. Mu Gompa is treasure gift of ancients. Overnight at Teahouse.
Burgi Village (3,245m) via Milarepa cave from Mu Gompa is our today`s itinerary. After breakfast, We Trek back through Chhule and Phurbe, on the east bank of the Shyar Khola. Finally, we arrive at a small but beautiful Burgi village. Climb up to the Milarepa’s Cave Milarepa Cave (piren phu) is known for its thrilling glimpses of Poshyop Glacier, Kipu Himal, and Churke himal. Overnight at Teahouse.
After breakfast, we start to descend downward to Chumling (2,386m) from Burgi village(3245m). You need to walk for five to six hours before reaching Chumling. Overnight at Tea House.
After breakfast, we will start our journey to Philim (1,570m) from Chumling(2,386m. Explore the diverse landscape and wonderful Samba falls. The trail leads through the Philim Village which is a gateway of Ganesh Himal Base Camp. Overnight at Teahouse.
The journey to Khorla besi (970 M) will start after breakfast, it will take six-seven hours to reach Khorla besi from Philim. The journey to Philim goes through Sirdibas, Jagat, Yaruphant, Dobhan and Tato bani( natural hot spring water). If paying attention, you may dip yourself in the hot spring and relax your tired muscles by wet through yourself in the hot spring. If not continue walking up and down from Tatopani to reach Khorlabesi for overnight. Overnight at Teahouse.
Soti khola (775 M) is our pre-planned destination of this day. After breakfast, we get ready to Soti Khola (775m) from Khorla Besi The journey will take about 5-6 hours gentle walk. The trails will pass through fabulous Machha Khola Village, traditional Gurung village and the bank of Budhi Gandaki river. Explore the wonderful waterfall and dense Oak & Sal forest. Overnight at Teahouse.
Today is our last day Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek with Trek Nepal Himalayas. We will drive back to Kathmandu via Aarught, villages on both sides of road make you excited. Next morning we will take a bus to Kathmandu from Arugaht. Overnight at Hotel.
- Kathmandu to Arughat Bazar and Besi Sahar to Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- Tsum Valley Special Permit.
- Manaslu Special Permit.
- Manaslu Conservation Area Permit.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Tims Card.
- All government Taxes and company service charges.
- Language speaking experienced trekking guide
- One porter for two guests.
- Accommodation in selected tea houses during the trek.
- All Meals During The Trek (lunch, dinner and breakfast with 3 cups of tea or coffee during the trek) for guests.
- All travel insurance of guide and porter
- Salary and wages of staff
- Food and accommodation of Guide and Porter
- Nepalese visa fees
- International Airfare to get in and out of Nepal.
- Cost of spending extra nights in a particular destination
- Travel and Rescue insurance for Guest
- Equipment (sleeping bags, down jackets and Pols)
- Personal Expenses for beverages, drinking water, desserts, extra porters, showers, laundry or any other services not mentioned by the company.
Essential Information - Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
Choosing the Best Time for Your Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
The ideal seasons for the Manaslu Valley Trek are pre-monsoon (March to May) and post-monsoon (September to November) periods. These seasons provide stable weather conditions and clear skies for better mountain views. Trekking during the monsoon or winter seasons is possible but presents additional challenges.
January and February – Winter Season:
- These months mark the winter season in the Manaslu Tsum Valley area.
- The Manaslu Trek during this time can be challenging due to heavy snowfall, especially at higher elevations.
- Tsum Valley Trek paths may be covered in snow, making trekking difficult.
- However, the Manaslu Valley Trek can still be rewarding for those seeking solitude and are well-prepared for cold weather.
March to May – Spring Season:
- Spring is one of the best times for the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek.
- The Manaslu Trek in these months offers clear skies and warmer temperatures.
- This season is ideal for the Tsum Valley Trek due to the blooming rhododendrons and other wildflowers, enhancing the natural beauty.
- The Manaslu Valley Trek during this period is also great for wildlife viewing.
June to August – Monsoon Season:
- The Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is less favourable during the monsoon.
- The Manaslu Trek experiences heavy rainfall, which can cause landslides and slippery trails.
- While the Tsum Valley Trek can be undertaken, trekkers should be prepared for rain and leeches.
- However, the Manaslu Valley Trek offers lush landscapes and fewer crowds during this time.
September to November – Autumn Season:
- Autumn is the peak season for the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek.
- Clear skies and stable weather make the Manaslu Trek ideal during these months.
- The Tsum Valley Trek benefits from the post-monsoon freshness and clear mountain views.
- This is the most popular time for the Manaslu Valley Trek, offering optimal trekking conditions.
December – Early Winter:
- Early winter can still be a good time for the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek.
- While the Manaslu Trek starts getting colder, the first half of December often provides clear skies.
- The Tsum Valley Trek may start seeing snowfall, adding a picturesque quality to the landscape.
- Trekkers on the Manaslu Valley Trek should be prepared for colder temperatures.
The best seasons for the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek, encompassing the Manaslu Valley Trek, Manaslu Trek, and Tsum Valley Trek, are spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November). These periods offer the most favourable conditions for trekking, showcasing the region’s natural beauty and cultural richness.
Permits and Fees for the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
To undertake this trek, you’ll need several permits, including the Manaslu Restricted Permit, Manaslu Conservation Area Permit (MCAP), and Tsum Valley Restricted Permit. If you plan to combine your trek with the Annapurna Circuit or Base Camp routes, you’ll also need an Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP).
Manaslu Tsum Valley: Teahouse Accommodation and Meals
Throughout the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek, you’ll stay in basic teahouses that provide overnight accommodation and meals. Teahouses serve various local and international dishes and offer a warm, cosy resting place after trekking.
Rules and Guidelines for a Safe Manaslu Tsum Valley Adventure
While trekking the Manaslu Tsum Valley trekking, following specific rules and guidelines is essential to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for yourself and others. Respect local customs, obtain necessary permits, leave no trace, stick to the trail, respect wildlife, maintain a steady pace, stay with your group, and be prepared for emergencies.
Hiring a Guide and Porter for the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
Hiring a guide and porter for the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is highly recommended to ensure a safe, enjoyable, and informative experience. A guide can provide local knowledge, help with navigation, offer safety and support, and handle logistics. A porter can carry your gear, making your trek more comfortable. To hire a guide and porter for Manaslu Trek, consider contacting a reputable trekking agency, such as Trek Nepal Himalayas Pvt Ltd.
Reviews on Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
Be first to post a review in this trip.