Overview of Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Embark on the Jomsom Muktinath Trek, a popular trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal. This trek takes you through the beautiful Mustang region, offering stunning mountain views, cultural experiences, and a chance to visit the holy temple of Muktinath.
Itinerary of Jomsom Muktinath Trek
After breakfast, we will start our journey to Pokhara by bus. The drive from Kathmandu, the temple city, to Pokhara will take approximately 7 hours and will take us through the lush green hills of Nepal. Upon arriving in Pokhara, you will be escorted to your hotel, where you can relax and explore the city. Pokhara’s “pool city” is a popular tourist destination with many attractions.
A 30-minute flight from Pokhara will take you to the beautiful town of Jomsom. From Jomsom, a 3-hour walk along the Kaligandaki River beach will bring you to Kagbeni, a restricted area with a permit check post. In Kagbeni, you can visit one of the oldest monasteries in the region, which was built in the 7th century. You will spend the night in Kagbeni.
Today, we will walk 4 hours from Kagbeni to reach our destination, Jharkot. Along the way to Muktinath, we will pass through Jharkot, a culturally rich village known for its unique living style and apple gardens. In Muktinath, you will have ample time to explore the wonderful Muktinath temple, the eternal light, and the 108 spouts, which are the area’s main highlights.
Today, we will depart from Muktinath and head to Jomsom. The journey will involve a scenic flight to Kathmandu. Before starting our journey, we will have breakfast. It will take approximately 6 hours of walking at a gentle pace to reach Jomsom. We will spend the night at a tea house.
You will return to Pokhara by an early morning flight. In the afternoon, you will have the opportunity to do some sightseeing in Pokhara. This will include boating on Phewa Lake, visiting the Tal Barahi and Bindabasini temples, walking to David’s Fall, and exploring the Gupteshowr Cave. You will spend the night at a hotel.
Today marks the final day of the Jomsom Muktinath trek in Nepal. You will depart from Pokhara and take a scenic drive to the capital city of Nepal, Kathmandu. In the evening, walk through Thamel and do some last-minute shopping before the trek ends.
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu to Pokhara and Jomsom to Pokhara)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader
- Porter service
- Staff costs, including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, or early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Any Expenses which the Company does not mention
Essential Information - Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Experience the Beauty of Muktinath
Jomsom is the starting point for the second half of the trek, at an altitude of 2,700 meters. From here, you’ll continue to the holy temple of Muktinath at an altitude of 3,800 meters. The temple is an important pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Buddhists and is a great place to learn about the cultural and spiritual significance of the region.
Immerse Yourself in the Annapurna Region
As you continue the trek, you’ll take in the stunning mountain views of the Annapurna range and Dhaulagiri. The Jomsom Muktinath Trek is a moderate trek suitable for most travellers and a great way to experience the beauty and culture of the Annapurna region.
Jomsom Muktinath Trip: A Must-Do for Adventurous Travellers
The Jomsom Muktinath Trek is a must-do for travellers who want to experience the beauty and culture of the Annapurna region. It offers a mix of cultural experiences, stunning mountain views, and a chance to visit a holy temple, an important pilgrimage site for many.
Best Seasons for Jomsom Muktinath Trek
The best months to trek to Jomsom Muktinath are from May to mid-November when the weather is warm and pleasant. However, during the monsoon months of July and August, the flight schedule from Nepalgunj can be disrupted, making it difficult to access the region. The ideal time to visit Jomsom Muktinath is during September and October when the weather is still pleasant and there is less chance of disruption in the flight schedule.
January and February – Winter’s Embrace:
- The Jomsom Muktinath Trek is a serene experience with fewer travellers and a quiet, snow-covered landscape in these months.
- It’s a time for introspection and enjoying the crisp, clear views, although it’s quite cold.
March and April – Spring’s Awakening:
- As nature awakens, so does the beauty along the Jomsom Muktinath Trek.
- March and April bring warmer weather and blooming flowers, making it a delightful time for photography enthusiasts and nature lovers.
May – A Preface to Summer:
- May is perhaps the most vibrant month for the Jomsom Muktinath Trek, with warm temperatures and clear skies.
- It’s an ideal time for those seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and immerse themselves in nature’s tranquility.
June to August – Monsoon Musings:
- During these months, the Jomsom Muktinath Trek displays nature’s might with occasional rainfalls.
- While the trails are less crowded, the region’s unique position in the rain shadow makes it still accessible, offering a different perspective of the Himalayas.
September and October – Autumn’s Splendor:
- The Jomsom Muktinath Trek truly comes alive in autumn. The weather is perfect, the air is crisp, and the views are unobstructed.
- These months offer a blend of cultural richness and natural beauty, making it the most popular time for the trek.
November – The Last Whisper of Autumn:
- November’s mild weather makes the Jomsom Muktinath Trek a peaceful retreat before the onset of winter.
- It’s a time for quiet reflection amidst the grandeur of the Himalayas.
December – Winter’s Prelude:
- Early December on the Jomsom Muktinath Trek offers a tranquil experience with fewer travelers.
- It’s a period of calm, offering a unique perspective of the Himalayan winter.
Food and Accommodation During Jomsom Muktinath Trek
The Jomsom Muktinath trek offers diverse food options for different tastes and dietary preferences. Along the walk, you can find Nepali, Indian, and continental dishes made with locally grown buckwheat, a popular choice for gluten-free travellers. The area is also known for its abundance of apples, which can be found on menus in various forms, such as apple pie and apple and cinnamon tea. Additionally, several Western options, such as pizza, burritos, and risotto, are available in Kagbeni, Jomsom, and Muktinath villages.
Stay Hydrated During the Jomsom Muktinath Adventure
It is essential to stay hydrated during the Jomsom Muktinath Trek, and it is recommended to bring a water bottle with you and refill it along the way. Several drinking water sources are available along the hike, including streams, rivers, and village taps. It is essential to ensure the water is safe to drink by purifying it with a water purification tablet or filter or purchasing bottled water.
Book Your Jomsom Muktinath Trek Today
If you plan a trek to Jomsom Muktinath, consider booking with Trek Nepal Himalayas Pvt Ltd for a memorable and enjoyable experience. Our team of experienced guides and support staff will ensure that your trek is safe and comfortable, and our easy online booking system makes it convenient to plan your trip. So, book your walk with us and have a great time exploring the beautiful Annapurna region! With Trek Nepal Himalayas Pvt Ltd, you can be confident that you will have a fantastic trekking experience that you will remember for a lifetime.
Reviews on Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Be first to post a review in this trip.